The patented OutFox® Field Guard is designed to help protect your dog’s eyes, ears and nose from foxtail penetration while walking or running over trails or through grasses, and while engaging in casual sniffing. Additionally, the Field Guard can be used to prevent dogs from scavenging and eating harmful items and to protect their faces from insects such as flies and mosquitoes.
The OutFox® Field Guard has been optimized the for fit, function, and flexibility. Users save hundreds of dollars in vet bills and avoid painful recovery for their dogs.
Dogs are comfortable with the Field Guard and can play, drink water, and even carry balls or sticks while wearing the Field Guard. (Though carrying anything in the mouth will wear out the Field Guard faster and is not considered normal wear and tear.)
- The glare reducing, black mesh keeps foxtails out. Yet it is porous enough to easily see, breathe, and drink through.
- The adjustable neck opening and attachment straps help keep the field guard on, yet is designed to safely break away if caught on an immobile object.
- The Field Guard is made in the USA from primarily domestic materials.
- OutFox Field Guards are made with an environmentally and health-conscious mesh that is free from harmful phthalates, lead, and other banned heavy metals, making them safe for dogs to breathe through and if chewed on.
To extend the life of the Field Guard:
- Rinse the Field Guard with water and hang to dry.
- Remove foxtails and other debris from the mesh.
- Examine for puncture holes and other signs of damage.
- Replace Field Guards with puncture holes or noticeable wear.
Important: PLEASE READ before purchasing the Field Guard
- Foxtail penetration may result from misuse, including but not limited to a dog’s rough play and excessive behavior. Supervise your dog while using this product.
- The Field Guard may not function properly on dogs that exert excessive pressure when sniffing or rubbing.
- Dogs that carry or chew on objects or engage in rough play may penetrate the Field Guard with their teeth, leaving the dog vulnerable to foxtails.
- The Field Guard is not indestructible or chew-proof.
- This product is NOT a muzzle and should never be used as one.
- For general safety, do not leave a dog unattended while it is wearing the Field Guard
- Be aware of the possibility of overheating: Take precautions to prevent it, with or without the Field Guard.
While the OutFox Field Guard effectively helps to protect against foxtail penetration to a dog’s face, it is not 100% failproof. Because the product is made of a mesh, a material with a large number of closely spaced holes, there is always a possibility for foxtail seeds to penetrate the mesh.
The Field Guard is designed to act as a sieve, catching foxtails before they enter a dog’s nose or ears. It is important to check the Field Guard regularly to remove any foxtails it catches and to check for puncture holes that compromise the integrity of the mesh.